I came across these interesting uses for vodka and felt I needed to share :) Please keep in mind I haven't tried these so I'm not so sure how accurate they really are but its interesting none the less...
- To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
- To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
- Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
- Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse skin the and tighten pores. (make sure there are no open sores or this may be painful!)
- Add a splash of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
- Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes.
- Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter then apply the alcoholic extract to aches and pains.
- Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter then mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don’t swallow.
- Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out. (again may be painful)
- To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
- To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that are causing pain in your ear.
- To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
- To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
- Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
- Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain. (If all else fails, just turn the bottle up and drink it, nothing will matter anymore anyway!)
- You can also kill weeds with vodka, just mix 1 oz of vodka, 2 cups of water and a couple of drops of liquid soap into a spray bottle, mix and voila!
- Did you child get loose with a sharpie and draw all over your TV? Never fear a little Vodka on a clear rag will help clean the marker off easily.
- Clean jewelry. Soak the jewelry in vodka for five minutes, then rinse, and dry.
- Clean lipstick from clothing. Rub the stain with vodka, then throw into your regular wash.
- To increase the life of cut flowers, add a few drops of vodka vase water along with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Use undiluted vodka to remove paint from clothes
- Use vodka to remove hair dye from your skin.
Have you given any of these uses for Vodka a try?
If you get a chance to test any of these vodka theories please let me know.