Exploring Hair Removal Costs
What is the average cost of laser hair removal, shaving and waxing?If you have unwanted hair, you’ve probably tried at least one hair removal method. Each comes with a different price tag, with cheaper hair removal methods requiring more frequent use. The cost of hair removal can add up. Check out some of the most common hair removal methods below and the cost of hair removal for each.
Shaving is a popular hair removal method for both men and women. The cost of hair removal with shaving is a continual expense because hair grows back within a few days after shaving. Expenses include:
- Razor Depending on the kind of razor you use, your initial hair removal costs could range from a few dollars to several hundred. Electric razors can cost around $20 on the low end, with higher end razors costing over $200. A bag of disposable razors costs around $5 to $10. A reusable razor with disposable blades generally costs around $3 to $15.
- Razor blades or refill razors Most razor blades and razor refills will last about 5 to 10 uses. Refill packs will vary in cost, usually around $5 to $10 for a pack of four to six refills.
- Shaving Cream A bottle of shaving cream generally costs under $5. How long it lasts depends on the user, the frequency of shaving, and the number of body parts being shaved.
The cost of hair removal using wax will depend on several factors. The price of a waxing in a salon will be higher than the hair removal costs of an at-home kit. The price will also change based on which parts Comment of the body are being targeted. Waxing results last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks depending on how fast an individual’s hair grows.
- Salon Hair removal on the face, such as the upper lip or eyebrows, will cost around $10 to $40 when performed by a professional. A bikini or back waxing is more expensive, usually around $50 to $100. Legs can cost as much as $100 for full ankle to thigh hair removal. Higher end salons will charge more for hair removal.
- Home You can also buy at-home waxing kits. These are available online and in stores and usually cost around $25 to $100.
Laser Hair Removal
Unlike waxing or shaving, the cost of laser hair removal is not an on-going expense. That’s because laser hair removal offers permanent results, whereas shaving and waxing are an endless process. Like other hair removal methods, the cost of laser hair removal can vary, especially when considering professional treatments or using an at-home kit.
- Professional laser hair removal The average professional laser hair removal treatment on legs, underarms, and bikinis can cost up to $10,000 for a full series of treatments. Targeting additional body parts will increase hair removal costs.
- At-home laser hair removal At-home kits are less expensive. The cost of laser hair removal with an at-home kit can range from $300 to $1,000. With an at-home laser hair removal kit, you can easily remove unwanted hair from the privacy of your own home.
In addition to the monetary cost of hair removal, consider the length of results. Waxing and shaving involve a smaller investment up front, but will require continual use to maintain results. Laser hair removal is a bigger investment initially, but offers permanent results. Weigh the pros and cons of investing in each hair removal method to determine the best choice for you.
Article written by Katie O'Hara
*This is a sponsored post, opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect my own.